Management Reports and Information
* Prepares and produces an accurate monthly management information pack to specific deadlines (Management Accounts, Balance Sheet, Working Capital, Ratios).
* Prepares monthly/annually management reports and audit files.
* Prepares a cash flow report on a monthly basis and with monthly reconciliation to actual.
* Provides monthly details of variances in overhead costs vs budget to management.
* Prepares monthly departmental management accounts.
* Financial and Administration processes
* All processes are completed accurately and timeously according to GAAP, IFRS and internal accounting procedures
Financial and Administration Processes
* Manages, controls and maintains general ledger accounts.
* Manages cashbook payments and expense allocations.
* Analyses financial results and implements measures to ensure the improvement of critical profitability and asset management ratios, as well as liquidity and leverage ratios.
* Reviews accounting processes regularly and seeks continuous development of operational and financial processes in conjunction with the Finance Director.
* Liaises with Auditors for annual statutory audits.
* Revalue foreign currency accounts on a monthly basis.
* Performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations (fixed asset register, depreciation, interest calculations, intercompany loan reconciliations, provisions, prepayments etc.)
* Assists with calculations of forward cover requirements, booking of deals and update weighted average forward rates.
* Ensures compliance with company accounting policies, GAAP and internal control procedures.
* Calculate of intercompany recharges according to transfer pricing policy.
Statutory Returns & Reporting
* Calculates monthly/annual statutory returns and prepares payments according to specific deadlines (Vat, Provisional Tax, etc.).
* Prepares and submits Tax Returns timeously and handles tax queries.
* Participates in management review meetings and decision-making processes.
* Assists with day to day problem solving when required.
* Prepares and monitors operational budgets and forecast requirements and makes the necessary adjustments in accordance with the business requirements.
* Reviews, monitors and assists with departmental operational budgets and offers consultative intervention when required.
* Identify key performance indicators to be used to measure performance of the business on a monthly basis.
* Ensures financial discipline and optimal working capital management within the business.
* Develops cost control measures and cost-reduction opportunities and systems that optimize profitability and minimise financial risk.
* Ensures effective communication between management, financial staff and operational personnel.
* Manages staff according to company standards, policies and procedures.
* Conducts performance appraisals and reviews and recruits staff when necessary.
* Identifies training needs and contributes to the development of individuals in conjunction with Human
* Resources by initiating training and development programs.
* Matric / Grade 12
* Accounting Degree plus Articles / CA Qualification
* Experience in similar position with exposure to operations and manufacturing will be advantageous
R35 000 (plus 13th cheque)
Please use the following reference number in the subject line of your email: CR421 when applying for this position. Please submit your CV in Word Format to [email protected]. Kindly consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive feedback within 1 week.
Job Reference #: CR421
Consultant Name: Mari Cardoso