Buyer - Home
Department: Merchandise (Home)
We are looking for a high potential, diverse, quick thinking, innovative and versatile buyer, who is looking to apply their skills and talent to grow in our Home department .
Do you envision sourcing, compiling and building a balanced home range? Can you see the bigger picture and work collaboratively with your peers to create the perfect story for our customers that reflect the season’s most wanted homeware fashion colours, prints, look and feel?Can you choose exciting products that customers must have as an added item to their basket?
If you can challenge and grow with a team of passionate buyers determined to offer our remarkable customers that most wanted product at the best price, then this role has been especially crafted for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Home team. Your role will be to source, compile &; build a balanced range of items that lives alongside the full Home assortment. Sourcing these items at the best price and enabling customers to find excitement, is critical. Therefore a fresh product offer is vital every season. The commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and price points of PEP, in accordance with the departmental directive.
- Supplier management (sourcing, negotiating and loading)
- Range selection and building (product sourcing, price tiering & range development)
- Collaborate closely with all Home departments
- Budget and GP management
- Product order management (Administration)
- Good understanding of trends & consumer insights
- Close collaboration with planning to support product intent in stores
- Relevant degree or diploma (e.g. Clothing / Purchasing Management)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Creative, eye for detail, analytical and problem-solving
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a fully-fledged buyer
Competencies required :
Good communicator, strong team player, confident, strong business acumen, negotiation and influencing, stress tolerance, building and maintaining relationships internally and externally, willingness to travel occasionally.
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 July 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV to our SkillsMap platform using the following link https:
All external candidates please use the following link
Click here to complete the POPIA Job Applicant consent form which is required for Internal and
External applicants : https://forms.gle/tzEcTrtuKzE5dh9M8
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.
Posted on 21 Jul 17:15