Finance Officer - SAIPA/SAICA
A dynamic Trading Concern in Cape Town seeks a critical-thinking, highly meticulous and self-driven Finance Officer with unquestionable integrity and accountability to join its team. Your core role will entail maintaining an accurate and complete record of the financial transactions of the business which includes customer invoicing and statements, maintaining the general ledger, submitting VAT201 & EMP201 returns and processing to trial balance. The successful incumbent must possess a Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Accounting or equivalent tertiary qualification with 3-5 years’ experience in an Accounting-related role, knowledge of IFRS and IFRS for SMEs and the Companies Act, Income Tax Act, VAT Act and understand the annual financial statements audit process. You must also be proficient in Dext (previously known as Receipt Bank), Xero, Draftworx, Advanced Excel and eFiling.
- Process to trial balance (suppliers, customers, bank and investment statements, provisions, journals, depreciation, amortisation).
- Customer invoicing and statements.
- Reconcile supplier, customer, bank and investment accounts.
- Maintain the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare and submit the VAT201 and EMP201 returns.
- Prepare and execute online payments.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist with management accounts, variance analysis and budgeting.
- Assist with the AFS audit preparation and liaison with Auditors.
- Continuously evaluate and improve processes to gain efficiencies.
- Identify and manage finance risks.
- Perform project-related duties and assist management when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma in Accounting or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Completion of Articles (SAIPA or SAICA).
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in an Accounting related role.
- Strong accounting, processing and reconciliation skills.
- Knowledge of IFRS and IFRS for SMEs.
- Knowledge of the Companies Act, Income Tax Act, VAT Act.
- Understanding the annual financial statements audit process.
- Dext (previously known as Receipt Bank).
- Proficient in the MS Office suite with Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience/knowledge of Investment products.
- Friendly and professional disposition and able to work well in a team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Keen attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Proactive, a sense of urgency and outcomes and deadline driven.
- Ability to strictly follow processes and procedures.
- Initiate action and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Quick learner and willing to be stretched in a challenging, dynamic and agile environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring delivery of high-quality output.
- Critical and logical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and reasoning.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target="_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 12 May 14:24, Closing date 11 Jun
087 351 0743